3-Step Green Curry
This 3-Step Green Curry is an easy way to get a delicious, nutritious dinner on the table that's a little different from the “veggie drawer stir fry” option! I include the 3 steps and ideas for how you can customize the basic recipe to your liking or what you have on hand.
Oh boy am I excited to bring you this recipe! I really wanted to develop a curry recipe for you that you could easily whip up on a week night as easily as a stir fry or ground beef taco salads. This is a dish to keep in your back pocket for those days when you think, “oh gosh, I don't know what's for dinner, but I need to come up with something quick!” On THOSE days, I can usually be found making a stir fry (with whatever veggies are on hand) or browning ground beef for taco salads. Then, after a few too many stir fries or taco salad nights in a row, I'm bored and too tempted by takeout.
Insert 3-step green curry! I encourage you to customize the recipe to your liking or whatever you have on hand. The process, regardless of veggie modifications, is simple:
Step 1: saute the onions, peppers, and garlic until deliciously fragrant (move to a separate bowl when done).
Step 2: in the same pan, add a bit more cooking fat and then the chicken to cook.
Step 3: once the chicken is done, add everything back to the pan! This includes the snap peas (if you're using them), green curry paste, lime juice, and coconut milk. Give it all a big stir, place a lid on top, and let it cook until the peas are done to your liking.
BOOM, dinner is done. I like mine served up over white basmati rice or cauliflower rice, depending on my mood (or what's in my fridge, let's be honest). I also love a heavy garnish with cilantro, lime, and a few slices of fresh chilies if they're available.
Ways you can mix up this recipe:
- Use broccoli, cauliflower, other bell peppers, carrots, or any other veggie you like!
- Use thinly-sliced beef (my favorite grass-fed kind comes with my monthly ButcherBox delivery)
- Try this recipe with red curry paste instead of green.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and that it helps you mix up your weeknight meal plans!
3-Step Green Curry00:15 00:15 0:30
- 1/4 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons ghee, divided
- 2 pounds chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 1 cup snap peas
- 1 jar green curry paste
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Melt 1 tablespoon ghee in a large pan and add onion, peppers, and garlic. Saute until onion is translucent and garlic is fragrant. Remove from pan.
- Add the remaining ghee to the pan, then chicken breast to the pan and cook 5-8 minutes until browned.
- Place sauteed veggies and snap peas back in the pan, add curry paste, lime juice, and coconut milk. Stir together, cover, and cook over medium-low heat for 5-10 minutes to let the flavors combine. Garnish with cilantro and serve over jasmine rice or cauliflower rice!