Baked Mustard Chicken
Did you miss me? I missed you!! I’ve been a traveling fool for the past month. I’m sorry I’ve been away for so long. I have some great travel stories and awesome restaurant accounts to tell you all about.
But first, I need to share my first home-cooked meal back. I wanted something easy, healthy, and summery. A baked mustard chicken was first on my list. Well, after the awesome vegetable I made to go with it (will reveal later this week).
I had a few excited helpers in the kitchen! My mobile vacuums, Jake and Max, missed my messy cooking habits.
This recipe is extremely easy and extremely delicious. Feel free to use any mustard you like. I prefer the horseradish whole-grain mustard. It’s a little spicy, but I haven’t gotten any complaints.
I have listed below that ½ a breast is a serving size – this is true for me but feel free to increase the serving size if you need more.
Baked Mustard Chicken4 Servings
- 2 fresh chicken breasts (about 8oz each uncooked)
- 4 Tbl horseradish grainy mustard
- sea salt & cracked pepper for taste
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Rinse your chicken breasts and then pat dry.
- Sprinkle with the sea salt and cracked pepper on both sides.
- Apply 1 Tbl of the horseradish mustard to each side of each chicken breast. Smooth over the chicken with the back of a spoon. Be sure to cover the entire breast.
- Bake at 350 for approximately 18 minutes.
- Let cool for a few minutes before cutting and serving.
155 Calories; 3 g Fat; 27 g Protein; 0 g Sugar