Posted by Cassyhttp://fedandfit.com/balanced-breakfast-egg-cups/
© 2018 Fed & Fit. All rights reserved.
small spaghetti squash
tablespoon butter, or oil of choice
ounce bag frozen spinach
teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
Chives, chopped for garnish
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half, scrape out the seeds, and place it in a rimmed baking dish face-down with 1/4 cup of water. Bake at 375 F for 1 hour, or until soft. Once cooked, set aside until cool enough to handle. Once cooled, scrape the squash out into a large bowl and mix with 1/2 teaspoon sea salt.
- While the squash is cooking, cook the bacon in a pan with matching lid over medium heat until crisp. Remove from pan, let cool, then crumble.
- Saute the frozen spinach in the leftover bacon grease and then place the lid on the pan and steam for 1-2 minutes, until cooked through.
- Grease 12 muffin tins with butter, ghee, or other oil of choice.
- Place spinach on top of the spaghetti squash, then crack an egg on top of the spinach in each muffin tin. Note, you will use about 1 cup of spaghetti squash so you will have leftover spaghetti squash from this recipe. Sprinkle the salt and pepper over the eggs, then top with bacon.
- Place egg cups in the oven to bake at 375 for 25 minutes, until yolks are fully set.