BBQ Bacon Burger Loaded Potatoes
These BBQ Bacon Burger Loaded Potatoes are an incredibly satisfying and delicious meal made even easier if you've got the Cook Once, Eat All Week meal components already prepped!
Welcome to the first official recipe of our Cook Once, Eat All Week series!! If you're brand new here and have no idea what I'm talking about, worry not. THIS POST explains it all in detail. If you'd prefer a Reader's Digest version, here's a quick summary:
- Each week during January (of 2018), we're giving you an entire week of truly efficient meal prep via 3 “base recipes” on Monday that cover a protein, a starch, and a veggie. Then, on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of that week, we're sharing a recipe that makes use of those already-prepped components.
- These meals are all “squeaky clean” Paleo (as in, likely compliant with ANY Paleo-type program you're following), were designed by a team of Nutrition Consultants and Nutrition Therapy Consultants, and will result in a grand total of between 10 and 15 servings for the full week of meals.
- They're budget-friendly, time-friendly, EASY, and (dare I say) darn tasty.
- If you don't want to wait to get the recipes here on the blog, you can also get them in an eBook FOR FREE by clicking HERE (subscribing to my newsletter). The eBook for each week also includes shopping lists, bonus recipes, and other meal ideas. Newsletter subscribers will get the full week of Cook Once, Eat All Week content the Friday BEFORE that content is slated to publish on the blog. It's a great way to get your ducks in a row early while also taking advantage of the other free goodies we send out to newsletter subscribers.
Now, back to this week…
This week's base recipes (which you can snag HERE) included ground beef, baked potatoes, and some sautéed kale. If you prepped those components you may be thinking “my GOODNESS this is a lot of food …will we really use it?” My answer is “YES.” That prepped nourishment is about to go to great use and, if you do have any leftovers, this post has some freezer storage tips.
Today's recipe is as easy as easy gets, especially if you've already prepped your ground beef, potatoes, and kale. If you HAVEN'T, worry not! The recipe card below was written with you in mind also. We walk you through how to create this dish from scratch OR from your prepared components.
If you've got everything prepped, it's really just a matter of re-heating! Reheat as you like (oven, stove, or microwave, your choice!) and then top with the BBQ Bacon Burger-style toppings you enjoy most. These Loaded Potatoes are incredibly satisfying and, believe it or not, make great freezer meals even when they're full “dressed” (or loaded with toppings).
I hope you enjoy!
BBQ Bacon Burger Loaded Potatoes00:10 01:00 1:10
For the Stuffed Potatoes
- 4 medium white potatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 head kale, destemmed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4-1/2 cup Paleo BBQ sauce, to your preference
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- Green onion, for garnish
- Pickled jalapenos, for garnish
For the Semi-Homemade Ranch Dressing
- 3/4 cup avocado oil mayo
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon dried dill
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Place potatoes on rimmed baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes, or until they give when squeezed with your hand, protected by an oven mitt or kitchen towel. When the potatoes are finished baking, set them aside to cool slightly.
- In a medium-sized pan, medium heat, add the ground beef, salt, and pepper and cook for 10-12 minutes, or until fully browned and crumbled.
- Remove the ground beef from the pan and add the butter. Once butter is melted add the kale and toss in the butter. Cover the pan and let the kale steam for about 5 minutes, until wilted. Season with a pinch of salt and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir together the ingredients for the ranch dressing, then set aside.
- Cut potatoes down the middle and load with kale, ground beef, desired amount of BBQ sauce and ranch, and then top with bacon. Garnish with pickled jalapenos and green onions, if desired, and serve!
If following the Cook Once, Eat All Week Meal Plan use the following pre-made ingredients and steps for the recipe:
- 4 pre-baked potatoes
- 4 cups ground beef
- 1 cup cooked kale
- ¼-1/2 cup BBQ sauce, depending on preference
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Reheat potatoes and ground beef.
- Combine ground beef and BBQ sauce in the same bowl or pan.
- Cut potatoes down the middle and load with kale, BBQ beef (about 1 cup per potato), ranch dressing, and top with bacon. Garnish with pickled jalapenos and green onions, if desired.