Beef Sliders with Chipotle Lime Mayo
HOT DANG these beef sliders were good, you guys. They were delicious and literally came together in 15 minutes (grilling and all).
This is the 3rd recipe featuring the fabulous cuts by my friends over at ButcherBox! Check out the Citrus Chicken with Cilantro Garlic Sauce and Ginger Pork with Broccoli for a couple other recipes made with ButcherBox cuts. I really do adore the folks at BB and was thrilled to tell you about them! If the cost of grass-fed, grass-finished beef at your grocery store makes you want to cry AND if you have a hard time finding a local farmer with reliable, trustworthy cuts, ButcherBox is a great alternative. You can schedule a delivery of (true) grass-fed, grass-finished beef, organic chicken, and Heritage Breed pork (bacon, too!) at a frequency you prefer: just once, quarterly, monthly, etc. I've loved everything I've tried and have been really impressed with their customer service. If you want to check them out, click HERE!
Okay, back to these little beef sliders. They actually come pre-formed into tiny patties from ButcherBox! That makes this process even easier. After letting them thaw in the refrigerator (they're shipped frozen) for a couple days, they're ready for prepping. All I did was lightly season both sides of the patties with sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper. Then they went on a HOT grill for about 4 minutes on each side. Note that you can follow this same method on a stove top grill-pan, too! Just use a little cooking fat (butter, ghee, coconut oil, etc.) and turn on the vent. Flip them over when they develop a nice char.
To assemble the bun-less beef sliders, I placed them on a pile of fresh butter lettuce, tomato, purple onion, and a couple avocado sliced. The whole meal comes together with a SIMPLE recipe for chipotle lime mayo! Find that recipe below. I served mine alongside some tiny pickles and made a couple friends very happy with this tasty and filling dinner.
Beef Sliders with Chipotle Lime Mayo5 minutes 10 minutes 0:15
For the sliders
- 10 beef slider patties (grass-fed, grass-finished available at ButcherBox!)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter *if using indoor grill or frying pan
- 5-10 pieces of butter lettuce
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes, sliced into 1/2-inch thick
- 1/4 purple onion, sliced thinly
- 1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
For the chipotle lime mayo
- 1/4 cup canola-oil free mayo (homemade or one like Primal Kitchen!)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 1 juicy lime)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Preheat the grill or stove top grill or frying pan over high heat. Season both sides of the patties with the salt and pepper. Once the grill is at temperature, sear the patties for about 3 minutes on each side, or until they develop char marks. Once finished cooking (they cook fast!) transfer to a plate to rest.
- For the chipotle lime mayo, whisk the ingredients together until smooth and set aside until assembly.
- To assemble, lay the lettuce down first, followed by the tomato slices, onion, and avocado. Top with 2-3 burger patties and drizzle with the seasoned mayo. Enjoy!