Big Batch Healing Saladjump to recipe
With nutrient-dense, anti-inflammatory ingredients like kale, cabbage, turmeric, and ginger, this big batch healing is the perfect veggie side to help get you feeling good in no time!
This big batch healing salad is perfect for those times where you're feeling like you may have over-indulged just a bit. In the past, I'd immediately feel like I needed a cleanse or detox after a vacation, the holidays, or even one-too-many cookies, but, over time I learned that all I really needed get back to feeling good was a big dose of greens and some extra water. This combination always gives me an extra boost of energy, while helping reduce inflammation and speed up detoxification.
This big batch healing salad is loaded with super-foods and, since the base is cruciferous veggies, it can be made in advance so you can keep eating it all week! You'll thinly shred nutrient-dense lacinato kale, antioxidant-rich purple cabbage, and cilantro, which is a powerful detoxifying agent, and toss them with a creamy dressing, which is really the star of the show. Sunbutter makes a creamy, slightly salty base for the dressing, then lemon juice and apple cider vinegar are added to give the salad just a hint of acidity. Finally, you'll add fresh ginger and turmeric for a big dose of anti-inflammatory power
We hope you enjoy this big batch healing salad as much as we do!
Big Batch Healing Salad
With kale, cabbage, cilantro, and a delicious sunbutter-based dressing, this big batch healing salad is the perfect nourishing meal.
- For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup sunbutter
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1–2 tablespoons water, or until you have desired thickness
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- 1 head lacinato kale, de-stemmed and shredded
- 1/2 head purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 bunch cilantro
- Blend together all of the ingredients for the dressing until smooth. If you need to thin the dressing, add in 1 tablespoon water at a time until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Place the shredded kale, cabbage, and cilantro in a large bowl and toss with the dressing. Eat immediately or refrigerate up to 3 days.