Posted by http://fedandfit.com/big-batch-salmon-nicoise-salad/
© 2018 Fed & Fit. All rights reserved.
Big Batch Salmon Nicoise Salad
This Big Batch Salmon Nicoise Salad is the perfect way to usher in Spring! A whole baked salmon filet is placed on top of butter lettuce alongside asparagus, potatoes, and soft boiled eggs, then dressed with a fresh lemon-dill vinaigrette.
For the Salad
- 3 soft boiled eggs
- 1 1/2 pounds baby yukon gold potatoes
- 1 punch asparagus, tough stems removed
- 1 head of butter lettuce, torn into individual leaves
- 1, 1-1 1/2 pound salmon filet
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- Fresh chopped dill, for garnish
For the Dressing
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Place potatoes in a large pot. Fill with water until potatoes are covered by one inch and place a lid on the pot. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cook for 15-20 minutes until tender, then remove the potatoes, reserving the water. Once cooled, cut the potatoes into quarters.
- Place the salmon filet on a rimmed baking sheet. Brush with olive oil, then season with salt and pepper. Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until desired doneness is achieved and salmon flakes easily with a fork.
- In the same pot of boiling water that you cooked the potatoes in, add the asparagus. While it is cooking, fill a large bowl with ice water. Once the asparagus is done cooking, add it to the bowl of ice water.
- In a small bowl, add the lemon juice, dijon mustard, and dill and whisk, then slowly pour in the olive oil as you continue whisking.
- To assemble the salad: place the butter lettuce on a platter, then add the salmon, potatoes, asparagus, sliced radishes, and soft boiled eggs, and dress with the lemon dill vinaigrette. Serve!