Posted by http://fedandfit.com/blackened-shrimp-skewers/
© 2018 Fed & Fit. All rights reserved.
Blackened Shrimp Skewers
- 2 pounds jumbo shrimp
- 2 tablespons olive oil
- Juice of 2 small, or 1 large lime
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- If using bamboo skewers instead of metal, soak them in water for at least 5 minutes while preparing the shrimp.
- Peel and de-vein shrimp, making sure to leave the tails on. In a large bowl, toss the shrimp and lime juice. In a small bowl, combine all of the seasonings.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium high heat. Place three shrimp on each skewer, and season liberally on both sides with the spice mixture.
- Brush the grill grates (or grill pan) with olive oil to prevent the shrimp from sticking. Cook shrimp 4-5 minutes per side (3-4 minutes if using smaller shrimp), then remove from heat and serve!