Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash Bowls
These Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash Bowls are made with a satisfying mixture of spaghetti squash, chicken, and a creamy buffalo sauce made possible by Primal Kitchen Foods Mayo. Twice-baked into perfection, your family is going to love these bowls! TEXANS: don't forget to grab a couple jars of this outstanding healthy mayo the next time you're in COSTCO!
Today's post is brought to you in partnership with my friends at Primal Kitchen Foods! If you're unfamiliar with Primal Kitchen Foods, I am so thrilled to introduce you to a brand that has been a MAINSTAY in my own kitchen since their launch. Founded by Mark Sisson (who you can hear on my podcast HERE), Primal Kitchen Foods now represents a line of nutrient-dense, real food-sourced kitchen staples that help to empower your healthy lifestyle. Though they make everything from wonderful dressings, protein powders, to nut/seed bars, today I want to focus on my absolutely favorite product in their line: the (I'm going to say FAMOUS) avocado oil mayo.
Why avocado oil mayo?
When I first tried the Primal Kitchen Foods Avocado Oil Mayo, it was a flavor revelation. You see, I'd been making my own mayo from home with “light tasting” olive oil. I opted for this “light” olive oil simply because I wanted as minimal flavor intervention into the finished product as possible. That being said, this light olive oil (like so many other store-bought olive oils) are likely already oxidized. In a nutshell, this means that they've lost a significant amount of their positive nutritional value in exchange for some potentially hazardous properties.
THEN, I tried the Primal Kitchen Foods Avocado Oil Mayo and my jaw hit the floor. The flavor is exactly what I want in a mayo: a perfectly balanced mild profile that allows ME to use it as a base in endless flavor combinations. Chock FULL of healthy monounsaturated fatty acids, this is (in my opinion) the healthiest prepared mayo choice you can find in the open market …also, the dang tastiest.
How do I use the Primal Kitchen Foods Avocado Oil Mayo?
The options are endless. Endless, I say! I *always* have a jar in my refrigerator (I'm not kidding) and use it in the following ways:
- I use it to make a quickie version of my ranch dressing! Click HERE for my long recipe, but all I really with this “quickie version” is add about 2 lemons-worth of fresh juice and a tablespoon of dried dill. Give it a quick stir and POOF, instant ranch dressing just begging to be drizzled on some pizza.
- I will dilute with fresh grapefruit juice or lime juice for a different spin on a creamy dressing.
- As a traditional mayo smear in a lettuce wrap or in a gluten-free bread sammie.
- In dips or other baked appetizers!
- ANYTIME I'm craving something creamy, I find a way to incorporate this mayo.
- In dishes like these Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash Bowls!
The sky is the limit when it comes to the possibilities of a great creamy mayo base!
THE BIG NEWS (for my fellow Texans!)
If you're one of my fellow Texan friends, I have BIG NEWS: you can now find Primal Kitchen Foods Avocado Oil Mayo in COSTCO!!! This is SO GREAT! When you're walking through the store next time, be sure to stock up on a few jars. One, of course, to make these Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash Bowls, and at least one more so that you can have some of that “quickie ranch” on hand.
I'm excited! Now, tell me about these spaghetti squash bowls.
These bowls are DIVINE. Made with a dreamy mixture of buffalo flavors and (you guessed it) my favorite Avocado Oil Mayo, we're twice-baking these spaghetti squash bowls into perfection. Mix the cooked squash with the chicken, sauce, and a few other key ingredients, re-stuff, bake, and then drizzle again with some of that handy quickie ranch dressing you have on hand. I have a feeling you're going to love these!
Cook Once, Eat All Week
If you're new here, THIS POST is a great introduction to our Cook Once, Eat All Week series!
Here are the other recipes in our COEAW: Week 4 meal prep series:
- Base Recipes of bulk-prepared shredded chicken, spaghetti squash, and spinach: click HERE!
- Chicken Carbonara Spaghetti Squash Casserole Recipe: click HERE
- Balanced Breakfast Egg Cups Recipe: click HERE
Remember that if you don't want to wait to get the recipes for the rest of this series here on the blog, you can also get them in an eBook FOR FREE by clicking HERE (subscribing to my newsletter). The eBook for each week also includes shopping lists, extra reheating tips, bonus recipes, and other meal ideas.
Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash Bowls00:15 01:30 1:45 4
For the Buffalo Spaghetti Squash Bowls
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 2 pounds pre-cooked grilled or shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce (or buffalo sauce of choice)
- 1/2 cup semi-homemade ranch dressing
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- Sliced green onion, for garnish
For the Semi-Homemade Ranch
- 1 1/2 cups avocado oil mayo
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half, scrape out the seeds, and place it in a rimmed baking dish face-down with 1/4 cup of water. Bake at 375 F for 1 hour, or until soft. Once cooked, set aside until cool enough to handle. Once cooled, scrape the squash out into a large bowl.
- For the ranch dressing, whisk the mayo with the lemon juice and dill until smooth.
- Scoop 3/4 of the cooked spaghetti squash out of each shell and into a large bowl, leaving some remaining around the edges.
- Add, chicken, hot sauce, ranch dressing, and celery to the bowl, stirring well to combine. Pour the mixture back into the spaghetti squash shells and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool for 5 minutes, then garnish with green onion and serve!