Posted by Cassyhttp://fedandfit.com/carrot-cake-with-dairy-free-cream-cheese-frosting/
© 2016 Fed & Fit. All rights reserved.
Carrot Cake with Dairy-Free Cream Cheese Frosting
For the cake
For the frosting
- Preheat oven to 300 F and place a circle of cut parchment paper in the bottom of two 9” round cake pans.
- Whisk all the dry ingredients together.
- In a mixer, combine all the wet ingredients, including the carrots, until smooth.
- Add the dry to the wet ingredients and mix until evenly incorporated.
- Separate the cake batter evenly into the two cake pans.
- Bake at 300 F for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Combine all the ingredients (minus the walnuts) together in a food processor until smooth.
- Spoon into bowl and set aside until the cakes are cooled.
- When the cakes come out of the oven, let them cool completely before frosting.
- Once cakes are at room temperature, lay one cake on a platter and then evenly spread 1/3 of the frosting over the top-facing portion.
- Carefully lay the other cake on top.
- Spread the rest of the frosting evenly over the top and sides of the entire cake.
- Top with walnuts, slice, and serve.
- Keep refrigerated for up to one week.