Posted by http://fedandfit.com/chicken-carbonara-spaghetti-squash-casserole/
© 2018 Fed & Fit. All rights reserved.
Chicken Carbonara Spaghetti Squash Casserole
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 strips bacon, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cream from one can of full-fat coconut milk (about 3/4 cup)
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 2 cups grilled or shredded chicken breast
- 1, 10 ounce package frozen spinach, cooked and drained
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half, scrape out the seeds, and place it in a rimmed baking dish face-down with 1/4 cup of water. Bake at 375 F for 1 hour, or until soft. Once cooked, set aside until cool enough to handle. Once cooled, scrape the squash out into a large bowl.
- Add the bacon to a large pan over medium heat, cook for about 5 minutes until crisp, then remove the bacon. Add the garlic to the pan and sauté for 3-4 minutes, or until fragrant and browned. Add the spaghetti squash to the pan and toss with the garlic, salt, and pepper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the solids from a can of full-fat coconut milk and 6 egg yolks. Add this mixture to the pan with the spaghetti squash, then add the basil, chicken breast, spinach, and half of bacon from earlier. Toss to combine.
- Bake at 375 F for 15 minutes, then remove from oven, garnish with parsley, the rest of the bacon, and serve!