Chocolate Strawberry Truffles
These Chocolate Strawberry Truffles are so luscious and a great way to celebrate Valentines Day! Their creamy dark chocolate center is balanced by the tart strawberry powder on the outside. A perfect dessert for a night in or Galentines Day!
It's one of my MOST FAVORITE times of the year: Valentines!!! I don't know what it is about these B-list holidays (that arguably aren't nearly as important as the A-lister Christmas, Easter, and Thanksgiving), but I just love them so much. Halloween and Valentines Day will always get me so excited!
As such, I always look forward to celebrating them BIG on the blog. Here's a list of the previous Valentines Day-centric recipes I've published before:
- Hard Cider Ganache
- Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Valentine Heart Gummies
- Spicy Pomegranate Martinis
- Pot Roast Pasta with Magic Green Sauce
- Chocolate-Covered Strawberries
- Paleo Chicken Parmesan
Whether you're planning a special night for your loved one or a big celebratory Galentines Day, I hope you get some good ideas from what we've got coming in the next week and what I've previously published!
TODAY, we're featuring these Chocolate Strawberry Truffles! The concept is simple: make a luscious truffle (they're so easy) and then roll them in freeze-dried strawberry powder. The finished truffles are chocolatey and with that perfect strawberry punch. I love them so much! For the strawberry powder, you have a couple options. You can either grab freeze-dried strawberries (like these) and blend them into a powder yourself (use a standard blender or bullet) OR you can snag it already powdered (like this).
Chocolate Strawberry Truffles00:15 00:00 0:15
- 20 ounces dark chocolate (70% or higher),
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk, warmed
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup freeze-dried strawberry powder
- In a small pan, bring the coconut milk to a simmer, then remove from heat.
- Add the chocolate, butter, and salt to a medium-sized bowl, and pour over the warmed coconut milk. Whisk the mixture until smooth.
- Refrigerate the mixture for at least four hours to harden.
- Once hardened, use a tablespoon to scoop the mixture into a ball and roll in the strawberry powder.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator.