Posted by http://fedandfit.com/cook-once-eat-all-week-week-1-base-recipes/
© 2018 Fed & Fit. All rights reserved.
Week 1 Basics: Ground Beef, White Potatoes, and Kale
For the Potatoes
- 5 pounds white potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the Ground Beef
- 5 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the Kale
- 3 heads kale
- 3 tablespoons butter, olive oil, or ghee
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
For the Potatoes:
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Rub potatoes with olive oil then place on a large baking sheet and bake at 375 F for 1.5 hours. Let cool, then store in the refrigerator.
For the Ground Beef:
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the ground beef and 1 teaspoon of salt and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until fully browned and crumbled. Once cooled, drain the fat and store in the refrigerator.
For the Kale:
- Remove kale from the stems and roughly chop.
- Add 3 tablespoons butter, olive oil, or ghee, to a large pot that has a matching lid. Add the kale once the butter is melted and toss.
- Cover to steam for about 5 to 10 minutes, until wilted. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt, let cool, then store in the refrigerator.