Posted by http://fedandfit.com/crispy-baked-buffalo-wings/
© 2016 Fed & Fit. All rights reserved.
Crispy Baked Buffalo Wings
These buffalo chicken wings are made crispy without breading or frying thanks to baking at a high temperature which yields crispy skin and moist chicken. After baking they are tossed in a homemade Paleo buffalo sauce!
- 1 pound chicken wings
- 1 + 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and pat dry each chicken wing. Dust evenly with ½ teaspoon of the sea salt plus the ground pepper. Bake at 400 F for approximately one hour, or until golden brown and the skin is hardened when you touch it.
- While the chicken is baking, make the buffalo sauce in a small sauce pan over the stove. Whisk the coconut oil, vinegar, lemon juice, cayenne, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and remaining 1 teaspoon of sea salt together. Let it simmer for 5 minutes then remove from heat. Whisk again just before using.
- When the chicken comes out of the oven, let them rest for 5 minutes then place in a large bowl and pour the buffalo sauce over. Stir and combine until each wing is evenly coated.
- Serve alongside celery sticks and homemade ranch.
Tips: Note that if you make more than 1 pound of chicken wings at a time, you may need to adjust the cooking time in order to get the correct crispy texture. Any leftovers will keep refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Program Compliance: Fed+Fit, 21-Day Sugar Detox, Whole30, GAPS