Posted by http://fedandfit.com/dublin-coddle/
© 2018 Fed & Fit. All rights reserved.
- 12 ounces thick cut bacon
- 2 pounds pork sausage (bratwurst or Polish sausage recommended)
- 1 head green cabbage, cut into sixths
- 3 pounds potatoes, cut into 2-inch hunks
- 1 yellow onion, cut into twelve wedges
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley, additional for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Heat a large, lidded pot over medium heat and add the bacon. Cook until crisp, then remove from pan and roughly chop into thirds.
- Add the sausage to the pan, working in two batches, and cook 4-6 minutes per side until browned. Remove the sausage from the pan.
- Add the onion wedges to the pan and add the cabbage, potatoes, onion, bacon, salt, pepper, and parsley to the pot. Toss to coat, then add all the broth and place the sausages on top.
- Bake for two hours, until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork. Top with additional dried parsley and serve!