Posted by http://fedandfit.com/easter-carrot-cookie-cake-2/
© 2018 Fed & Fit. All rights reserved.
Easter Carrot Cookie Cake
For the Cookie Cake
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons butter (may substitute ghee or coconut oil)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces (may also use walnuts)
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
For the Cream Cheese Frosting
For the Cookie Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Lightly grease a 10-inch cast iron skillet, or other 10-inch round baking dish, with butter or coconut oil, or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix the almond meal, salt, and baking soda together with a whisk.
- In a medium-sized, microwave-safe bowl, microwave the honey and butter for 30 seconds to liquefy them. Let cool slightly, then whisk in the vanilla extract and egg until fully combined.
- Make a crater in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the whisked wet ingredients.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry until evenly mixed.
- Stir in the shredded coconut, pecans, and shredded carrots until fully combined.
- Form the dough into a ball and press down into the cast iron skillet, making sure it is even.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Let cool for at least 1 hour, then frost and garnish with sprinkles.
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Beat the cream cheese and butter on high until a creamy consistency is achieved.
- Add the powdered sugar to the cream cheese mixture, then beat to combine.
- Add the vanilla, the beat to combine.
Click here for a Paleo frosting option.