Gluten-Free Chocolate Graham Cracker Bark
This gluten-free chocolate graham cracker bark is a BREEZE to whip up and is an ideal batch-friendly, edible gift for the holidays!
Here you are, my friends! I've been making this bark for YEARS and it's high-time I share the simple recipe. This bark starts off with a simple layer of gluten-free graham crackers (which MUST be THESE grahams if you want the bark to be especially awesome). It's then topped with some melted chocolate, a few swirls of your favorite nut butter, a crumbling of crushed pistachios, and some crunchy sea salt. After a spell in the freezer or fridge, cut (or hammer, if you like) the bark into bite-sized chards! I like to plop them into a small cellophane baggie, wrap up with a pretty ribbon, and affix a “Happy Holidays!” note. BAM! Gifts for the neighbors, coworkers, mailman, and maybe even some friends can be crossed off the list. I've found that one batch of the recipe below makes for about 12 baggies.
If you'd like to see a live video of my making this recipe, be sure to go find it on my Facebook page! I whipped it up on Wednesday, December 7th, 2016 in case you need to scroll back through the library.
Gluten-Free Chocolate Graham Cracker Bark10 minutes 0:10
- Bring 2-3 inches of water to a simmer in a medium/small-sized pot. To a glass bowl that will fit over the pot of water (but not touch the water), add the chocolate chips. Melt the chocolate chips in the bowl, stirring regularly. This should take about 7-9 minutes. Remove the bowl from the hot water and set aside once melted.
- Spread the graham crackers out on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Drizzle the chocolate on top of the graham crackers and, using the spatula, smooth the chocolate until you have an even coat over the crackers.
- Drizzle the almond butter over the chocolate in even swoops and then using a fork, run lines through the almond butter and chocolate across the length of the sheet pan and then again across the width (forming a lattice).
- Sprinkle the pistachios across the top of the chocolate and top with the sea salt.
- Place the sheet in the freezer for about 30 minutes or refrigerator for one hour, until the chocolate is firm. Using a knife, cut the bark into bite-sized pieces. Enjoy right away or store refrigerated for longer periods of time!