Making good use of the new Bob's Red Mill 1-to-1 gluten-free baking flour, this new gluten-free gingerbread recipe is easy and delicious!
We're spending Christmas with my in-laws in San Angelo, Texas this year! Both Austin (my husband) and I come from a family of three kids. With a family tree that continues to grow each year, we were finally forced to work through the “let's synchronize our holiday watches” exercise. SO, we alternate holidays! Every other year we will alternate for Thanksgiving and Christmas. This is now my 2nd Christmas away from home and I just have to tell you how much easier I'm finding this visit. Don't get me wrong, I genuinely LOVE and ADORE my in-laws …but the first Christmas away from my family 2 years ago was not easy. The memories are flooding back now, but I remember having to excuse myself a couple times to go shed a few tears in private. I wanted to share this in case anyone out there is going through something similar! Know that it DOES and WILL get easier. My now 2nd Christmas away is significantly easier. New traditions and new memories help heal and expand the heart. Change can be so tough and also so rewarding.
Now, let's talk gluten-free gingerbread!
Did you happen to snag a bag of the new Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free 1-to-1 baking flour? ME TOO! I decided that I'd put that bag to good use with a quick & easy gluten-free gingerbread recipe. Though I don't do a *lot* of baking throughout the year (I prefer plant-based sweets, like fruit), I do love to roll-up my sleeves and dive into a big bowl of flour and butter during the holidays.
This gingerbread does NOT taste gluten-free. It's fluffy, buttery, slightly spicy, slightly sweet, and absolutely delicious. I think it'd make the PERFECT Christmas morning breakfast appetizer next to a hot cup of coffee.
Gluten-Free Gingerbread10 minutes 35 minutes 0:45 10 to 12 servings
- 2 cups Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free 1-to-1 baking flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, additional for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup full-fat caned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup (or 1 stick) melted butter or coconut oil (for dairy-free), melted
- 1/2 cup black strap molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and grease (using either butter or coconut oil) a loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients using a whisk.
- In a smaller mixing bowl, whisk the wet ingredients together until evenly combined. Add the wet into the dry ingredients and whisk until they're smooth and evenly combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake at 350 F for 30 to 35 minutes. Jiggle the pan and if it wiggles, it needs more time. If it looks like the top may be browning too much, tent with a sheet of aluminum foil.
- Let cool completely so that the bread pops out of the pan easily. Slice and serve with additional cinnamon if desired!