Posted by http://fedandfit.com/green-protein-smoothie-freezer-packs/
© 2018 Fed & Fit. All rights reserved.
Green Protein Smoothie Freezer Packs
For the smoothie packs
- 5 cups frozen spinach
- 3 sliced and frozen bananas (tip: slice and freeze solid on a baking sheet then transfer to bags so the pieces don't stick together)
- 5 scoops protein powder or collagen peptides
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk, frozen into ice cubes (makes approximately 16 ice cubes)
- 5 teaspoons chia seeds
- 2 1/2 teaspoons chlorella powder
For the Smoothies
- 1 smoothie pack
- 1-1 1/2 cups water or coconut water, depending on desired thickness
- Additional chia seeds for garnish, if desired
To Make the Freezer Packs:
- Label a freezer bag with the date and smoothie contents.
- Fill each bag with 1 cup frozen spinach, 1/2 frozen banana, 1 scoop protein powder, 3 coconut milk ice cubes, 1 teaspoon chia seeds, and 1/2 teaspoon chlorella powder.
- Seal the bags and place in the freezer to keep for up to 5 months.
To make a smoothie:
- Add the contents of one smoothie pack to a blender with 1 to 1 1/2 cups water (depending on desired consistency) and blend until smooth. Top with additional chia seeds if desired.