Honey Mustard Pork Roast
This Honey Mustard Pork Roast is on a mission to win back a great reputation for pork dinners. It's FULL of flavor and results in a tender pork that the family will love.
Since its creation, this Honey Mustard Pork Roast has been on a pretty regular rotation in our house! Let's talk about pork for a hot minute. Sometimes (nobody's pointing any fingers here), pork can be dry. It can be dry, bland, and when you eat it, you think “YEP, this is protein.” Put dry, unseasoned pork on a plate next to a scoop of lard and hunk of boiled yucca for the MOST BORING MEAL EVER …that at least met a good portion of your macro nutrient requirements. That sad, boring plate is usually what I imagine when I think about pork for dinner. Or that's what I USED to imagine, before this Honey Mustard Pork Roast.
If you've had too many sad pork meals in the past, rest assured that this one will win you back over. The Creamy Honey Mustard Dressing we talked about earlier this week is the real hero of this flavorFULL roast. To whip it up, quickly brown some onions in your roasting pot. Then season the roast, coat in the dressing, and give it a quick sear on a few sides. Add a few more scoops of the dressing to the top and bake until it's perfectly done.
To bake, I highly recommend an enameled cast-iron pot with a heavy lid. This kind of pot is pure magic. Roasts are always more tender when I use it. Click HERE for the one that I use!
After the roast is finished in the oven, let it rest a bit and serve with more dressing. I like to plate this roast next to some mashed potatoes, parsnips, or cauliflower.
I hope you enjoy it!
Honey Mustard Pork Roast00:15 01:00 1:15 6-8
- 1, 2.5-3 center cut boneless pork roast (may use pork loin)
- 1/2 tablespoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 batch honey mustard dressing
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, cut into 6 wedges
- 4-5 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- Preheat the oven to 325 F.
- Heat olive oil a large, oven-safe lidded pot over medium-high heat. Add the onions and whole garlic cloves and cook 3-4 minutes per side until browned and remove from the pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Season pork roast liberally with the salt mixture then brush with 1/3rd of the honey mustard dressing. Brown 5-6 minutes on one side, then flip. Add the onions and garlic back to the pan, along with the broth and thyme sprigs. Spoon another few scoops of honey mustard dressing back on top of the pork roast.
- Place the lid on the pot and bake at 325 F for 1 hour.
- Remove the roast from oven and let sit for 15 minutes before slicing, then serve with additional honey mustard dressing for dipping.