Posted by http://fedandfit.com/instant-pot-loaded-potato-soup/
© 2017 Fed & Fit. All rights reserved.
Loaded Instant Pot Potato Soup
- 1/2 pound of bacon, diced
- 3 pounds baby gold potatoes, roughly chopped
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 ounces sour cream
- juice of one lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 1/2 cup cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Set Instant Pot to 'saute' mode and add bacon pieces. Cook for about 5 minutes until bacon is crispy and fat is fully rendered. Turn off the pot and remove bacon and excess bacon grease, leaving 1-2 tablespoons.
- Add the potatoes, chicken broth, and salt to the Instant Pot. Place the lid on the pot and ensure the pressure valve is closed. Press the 'manual' button and set to cook for 15 minutes. The pot will have to come up to pressure and then the countdown will begin.
- Once the timer goes off, manually release the pressure valve carefully. Once the pot has stopped releasing steam, open the lid.
- Remove about half of the potatoes from the pot and place in a medium sized bowl.
- Puree the remaining potatoes and broth with an Immersion Blender. Then, stir in the sour cream, lemon juice, and remaining seasonings.
- Stir in the cooked bacon pieces and potatoes, then taste for seasoning and add more if needed.
- Serve alongside additional sour cream, cheese, and chives for topping.
For dairy free:
Substitute with Paleo sour cream recipe from the Fed & Fit Book and top with nutritional yeast for a cheesy flavor.
To make in the slow cooker:
- Crisp bacon on the stove in a pan over medium-high heat. Remove bacon and set aside. Add 1-2 tablespoons bacon grease to slow cooker along with potatoes, chicken broth, and salt.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- Follow the recipe from step 4 onward.