Posted by http://fedandfit.com/lemon-chicken-rice-skillet/
© 2018 Fed & Fit. All rights reserved.
Lemon Chicken & Rice Skillet
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup white rice (I used Basmati)
- 1 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Additional fresh chopped thyme, for garnish
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder on both sides.
- Melt butter (or olive oil) in a skillet over medium high heat. Once melted, add the chicken. Sear for 3-4 minutes per side, until browned.
- Remove chicken from skillet and set aside. Add the rice to the skillet over medium-high heat and stir. Cook 1-2 minutes until toasted. It will give off a slightly nutty aroma at this point.
- Add the broth to the pan with the rice and whisk to scrape up the browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Once rice is boiling, give it a final stir, add the thyme sprigs, and reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes has passed, remove the lid from the pot and stir the lemon juice into the rice, then place chicken breasts and lemon slices on top of the rice.
- Cover and cook for an additional 10 minutes, then remove from heat, let cool slightly, garnish with extra thyme, and serve!
If you have large chicken breasts (more than 1-inch thick) slice them in half before searing.