Lobster Alfredo (GF)
This homemade Lobster Alfredo is luscious, dreamy, and would make for a great dinner date night-in!
Even though I do like going out for the occasional date night, I actually prefer to stay in on Valentines Day! I love cooking up a special “made with even more love” meal for my hubby, enjoying the no-wait, and indulging in foods where I know exactly what ingredients were used. This Lobster Alfredo, in my humble opinion, just oozes love. Maybe it's because lobster is only ever ordered on a special occasion, but it feels like one of the most special proteins available. THEN you add pasta and a creamy alfredo sauce? I am SO IN.
The lobster tail is steamed in a little butter, white wine, and the loveliest Amore Seasoning by Primal Palate. Be sure to use a white wine that you enjoy so that you and your sweetheart can share a chilled glass while dinner comes together!
Once the tail is steamed, allow it to cool a bit while you start the pasta and the sauce. Note that this alfredo sauce is the REAL DEAL – packed with real cream, butter, and cheese. Feel free to experiment with dairy-free alternatives as you need!
Using a good pair of kitchen scissors, cut the shell away from the lobster, remove the meat, and give it a rough chop. Once the pasta is finished, toss everything together in the luscious sauce, garnish with parsley, and serve with a fresh glug of that chilled white wine for a perfect pairing!
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do and that it helps walk you through how to easily prepare lobster from home.
Lobster Alfredo (GF)05:00 00:20 5:20 4
For the Lobster
- 1, 2 pound raw, defrosted lobster tail
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon Primal Palate Amore seasoning
For the Alfredo
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, cut into thin slivers
- 1 cup heavy cream (may substitute coconut cream or milk)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1 package gluten free fettuccine
- Fresh cracked black pepper, for topping
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- In a saute pan large enough to fit the lobster tail, melt 1 tablespoon butter with 1 cup white wine and 1 teaspoon Primal Palate Amore seasoning. Bring to a simmer then place the tail in the pan and cover with a lid, setting aside a bit so that it can vent. Steam about 8 minutes, until the tail is cooked and the shell turns red/pink. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to boil and prepare the pasta according to the package instructions.
- In a medium saute pan, melt the butter over medium heat and add the garlic slivers. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until garlic is browned. Add the heavy cream and parmesan and continue stirring the sauce with a whisk or rubber spatula until the cheese is fully incorporated. Leave on low heat.
- Cut the shell of the cooled lobster tail, remove the meat, and chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Toss the cooked pasta and lobster in with the Alfredo sauce.
- Plate and garnish with black pepper and freshly chopped parsley. Serve!