Posted by http://fedandfit.com/maple-bacon-pancake-muffins/
© 2018 Fed & Fit. All rights reserved.
Maple Bacon Pancake Muffins
For the Candied Bacon*
For the Pancake Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Mix together the maple syrup and coconut sugar in a small bowl.
- Lay the bacon on a rimmed baking sheet, then brush with maple mixture on both sides. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes, then flip and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes until browned and crisp and remove from oven. Keep the oven heated to 350 F.
- Once cooled, chop the bacon into bite-sized pieces.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the gluten free flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt.
- In a large bowl, add the melted butter, eggs, vanilla extract, maple syrup, and coconut milk. Mix together with a hand-held electric mixer or stand mixer until frothy.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture 1/2 cup at a time, beating continuously, until smooth. Stir in the bacon bits until they're evenly distributed in the batter.
- Line 12 muffin tins with a parchment baking cups and fill halfway with the muffin mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350 F until a toothpick comes out clean.
*If you don't want to make candied bacon, you can substitute with 1/3 cup Epic maple bacon bits.