Posted by http://fedandfit.com/old-fashioned-gluten-free-stuffing/
© 2017 Fed & Fit. All rights reserved.
Old-Fashioned Gluten Free Stuffing
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 loaf of gluten free bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 4 stalks of celery, cut into thin slices
- 1 medium sweet yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Toss the bread cubes with the melted butter, garlic, and sea salt. Spread the seasoned bread onto a sheet pan and bake for 10 minutes at 375 F, or until the tops are starting to brown.
- While the croutons are baking, crumble and cook the sausage in a medium-sized pan over medium heat until it's evenly browned. Add the celery and onion. Stir to combine and continue cooking until the celery and onion starts to wilt. Turn off heat and set aside.
- Once croutons are finished baking, reduce oven heat to 350 F. In a large mixing bowl, combine the croutons with the with cooked Italian sausage crumbles, celery, onion, rosemary, sage, and thyme.
- Pour the stuffing mixture into a 9" x 13" baking dish, pour bone broth over top, and bake for 30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
- Let cool 5-10 minutes and serve!