Posted by http://fedandfit.com/paleo-cheeseburger-casserole/
© 2018 Fed & Fit. All rights reserved.
Paleo Cheeseburger Casserole
For the Casserole
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, or other fat of choice, divided
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 20 ounce package frozen hashbrowns or 5 cups shredded potatoes
- 1 recipe, Paleo nacho cheese
For the Topping
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 head iceberg lettuce, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tomato, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a 13-inch cast iron pan, or 9x13 inch oven-safe pan, heat the oil over medium heat, add the diced onions and garlic and saute 5 to 7 minutes, until onion is translucent. Add the ground beef, salt, and pepper, and cook 7-8 minutes until ground beef is browned and fully cooked. Remove from pan.
- Add the 3 tablespoons oil to the pan, then add hash browns. Cook 5 to 6 minutes, then flip, and cook an additional 3-4 minutes, or until the potatoes are crispy and cooked through. Place the ground beef and onion mixture on top of the hash browns, then pour on the nacho cheese.
- Put the pan in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. While casserole is baking, prepare the toppings.
- Once casserole has finished baking, garnish with the lettuce, bacon, tomato, avocado, and jalapeno and serve!