Posted by Cassyhttp://fedandfit.com/pecan-pie-bars-gf/
© 2017 Fed & Fit. All rights reserved.
For the Crust
cups gluten-free flour
cup butter, chilled
cup powdered sugar
For the Pecan Pie bars
stick of butter
cup coconut sugar
cup maple syrup
teaspoon sea salt
cups pecan halves
For the Crust:
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Combine flour and powdered sugar in a medium sized bowl. Cut butter into 1/4 inch pieces and add to flour mixture. Using a pastry cutter or your hands, combine the butter with the flour until the mixture becomes crumbly.
- Press crust mixture into the bottom of an 8x8 pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
For the Pecan Pie Bar Filling:
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add coconut sugar, and whisk until smooth.
- Remove pan from heat and whisk in maple syrup, vanilla, and salt. Let cool 5-10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs, then slowly pour the filling mixture into the eggs, whisking the whole time to ensure the eggs don't cook.
- Place pecans on top of the baked shortbread crust, then pour the filling over the pecans.
- Bake for 50 minutes, until filling is completely set and no longer jiggles in the center.
- Let cool for one hour, then refrigerate. When ready, cut bars into 16 equal squares and serve!