Posted by http://fedandfit.com/quiche-lorraine/
© 2018 Fed & Fit. All rights reserved.
- 1 pie crust (either Paleo or gluten free)
- 6 ounces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 cup shredded gouda cheese (optional)
- 8 eggs, whisked
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream (sub full-fat coconut milk for dairy free)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Add butter to a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the sliced shallots. Cook for 5-6 minutes, until slightly browned.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Place the crust in a pie dish, then add the cheese, bacon, and shallots. Pour the egg mixture over top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until fully set. It should no longer jiggle in the middle.
- Let sit for 5-10 minutes, then slice and serve!