Smoky Chicken Kabobs
Got a little story for you, Ags! (I know .03% of you are fellow TAMU Aggie Grads, but that's still my favorite way to start a story).
It's the story of a creative, inspired gal who wanted nothing more than to help offer QUALITY solutions to problems. She started a meal prep company because she saw that folks would eat healthy meals if they HAD healthy meals in their home. She then realized that she could help nourish even more people if she could TEACH them how to cook (vs. cook for them), so she wrote one killer, all-inclusive book. She stuck at it, crafting programs (like this one and this one) for folks who wanted a healthy lifestyle jumpstart and even created a program for folks who wanted to learn how to be an educator themselves.
Who's this lovely, smart, tenacious lady? None other than my friend Diane Sanfilippo!
Diane's commitment to bringing us all high-quality solutions has resulted in another fabulous project: the Balanced Bites Spices!! These incredible spices are crafted after her very own recipes, but she made using them even easier by making them available for order. The full line has 12 (!!) blends and I personally own/love them all. One of the things I enjoy most is the fact that they come in bottles that are at least twice the size of what you'd find at the store. For anyone who relies on healthy spices to infuse flavor in their foods, you know that seasoning (when you use enough of it) can go quickly. Other fun notes about these spices: 8 of the blends are totally nightshade-free; they're made in small batches (for exceptional quality); and you can find ideas of how to use them in Practical Paleo (her first book) and in the 21-Day Sugar Detox books.
While I use all of these blends regularly (Diner Blend is my go-to for potatoes; Ranch Blend is my new go-to for pork; and Super Garlic Blend is my go-to for white fish), I am really excited to share this Smokey Blend with you today. When I'm cooking dinner on a weeknight, I like to keep it simple. I'll choose a protein (chicken, pork, beef, fish, etc.), choose a veggie (sautéed kale, spinach, roasted peppers, salad, etc.), and choose a starch (baked potato, rice, roasted squash, etc.). I keep my veggies and starches simply prepared and like to kick up the flavor on my proteins. This is where this Smokey Blend comes into play! I LOVE this blend on chicken, especially grilled chicken.
Here's how to make these Smoky Chicken Kabobs: grab some chicken tenders (or thighs or breasts cut into cubes!) and place them in a bowl. Add a few glugs of olive oil and a GENEROUS amount of this Smokey Blend. Toss with your hands so that each piece is well-coated and then pierce them on a skewer. Pop them on the grill (or you could cook them in the oven) until they're done! Plate them next to the rest of your lovely meal (may I suggested a baked potato and kale salad?) and enjoy!
Order your own bottles of the Balanced Bites Spices by clicking HERE. You won't regret it!Print
Smoky Chicken Kabobs
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders (or breasts or thighs)
- 3 tablespoons smoky spice blend
- 2 tablespoons avocado or olive oil
- Ghee spray or avocado oil spray, for grilling
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
- Cut the chicken tenders into 1 1/2-2 inch pieces, then place in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the smoky spice blend and olive oil to the bowl with the chicken, then toss to coat.
- Divide the chicken pieces evenly and place onto four skewers.
- Spray the grill with ghee spray or avocado oil spray, then place the skewers on the grill. Cook for 7-8 minutes, then flip the skewers and cook for an additional 7-8 minutes, until the chicken is browned and fully cooked through. If the chicken starts to stick at any point, spray more oil onto the grill and skewers.
- Remove the skewers from the grill, let cool for 3-4 minutes, then serve!