Sonoma Chicken Stuffed Butternut Squash
This Sonoma Chicken Stuffed Butternut Squash is healthy, satisfying, a BREEZE to make, and will make for some happy dinner table campers! This is one recipe from Week 2 of our Cook Once, Eat All Week series.
I hate to play favorites, but I think this recipe is my favorite for this week's Cook Once, Eat All Week. I'm just such a sucker for Sonoma Chicken Salad …and then, we made it even better by stuffing it into a baked butternut squash and heating the whole thing through. I'll understand if you want to skip out on the grapes or the nuts, but GOODNESS do they make this dish awesome. The grapes heat up wonderfully in the oven and make this dish one to crave.
Note that it does keep well as leftovers or even frozen!
ALSO note, if you're not a big fan of squash, you can also easily make this by stuffing the chicken in a potato or sweet potato.
I hope you enjoy!
Cook Once, Eat All Week
If you're new here, THIS POST is a great introduction to our Cook Once, Eat All Week series!
Here are the other recipes in our COEAW: Week 2 meal prep series:
- Base Recipes of bulk-prepared shredded chicken, butternut squash, and roasted Brussels Sprouts: click HERE!
- Coming Soon: Curried Butternut Squash & Chicken Soup
- Coming Soon: Hoisin Chicken Bowls
Remember that if you don't want to wait to get the recipes for the rest of this series here on the blog, you can also get them in an eBook FOR FREE by clicking HERE (subscribing to my newsletter). The eBook for each week also includes shopping lists, extra reheating tips, bonus recipes, and other meal ideas. Newsletter subscribers will get the full week of Cook Once, Eat All Week content the Friday BEFORE that content is slated to publish on the blog. It's a great way to get your ducks in a row early while also taking advantage of the other free goodies we send out to newsletter subscribers.
Sonoma Chicken Stuffed Butternut Squash00:10 90:00 0:10 4
For the Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
For the Sonoma Chicken Stuffed Butternut Squash
- 1 medium-sized butternut squash
- 2.5 cups grilled or shredded chicken thighs (about 1.5-2 pounds)
- 1 cup red grapes, halved
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 1/2 cup semi-homemade ranch dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
For the semi-homemade ranch dressing
For the Butternut Squash and Brussels Sprouts:
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Cut the butternut squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Place squash on a rimmed baking sheet cut-side down and add 1/2 cup water to the pan. Bake for 60 minutes, until easily pierced with fork.
- Remove the stems from the Brussels sprouts and cut in half. Toss with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and ¼ teaspoon sea salt. Spread out on a sheet pan and bake 30 minutes. You can do this at the same time as the butternut squash if there’s enough room in your oven.
For the Stuffed Butternut Squash:
- For the ranch dressing, whisk the mayo with the lemon juice and dill until smooth.
- Combine shredded chicken, salt, pepper, brussels sprouts, grapes, walnut pieces, and 1/2 cup of ranch dressing in a bowl. Flip the cooked squash halves cut-side up on the rimmed baking sheet and fill with the chicken mixture.
- Baked stuffed squash halves at 375 F for 30 minutes. Garnish with parsley, then cut into quarters and serve!