Posted by http://fedandfit.com/southwestern-chicken-salad-with-jicama-tortillas/
© 2018 Fed & Fit. All rights reserved.
Southwestern Chicken Salad
An easy cold salad, perfect for week day lunches!
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
For the Dressing
- 1/2 cup avocado oil mayo
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
For the Add-Ins
- 1 cup red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn, defrosted
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 package of prepared jicama tortillas or visit HERE for tips on how to make your own!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Rinse and pat dry chicken breasts, then place them on the greased baking sheet.
- Season with salt and pepper then bake for 30 minutes, then remove and let cool for at least 20 minutes.
- While chicken is baking, prepare the dressing by combining all of the ingredients in a medium bowl and whisking until smooth.
- Chop the chicken into one-inch pieces, then add to a large bowl with the vegetables, corn, beans, and cilantro. Pour the dressing over the chicken and vegetables and stir to combine.
- Load up your favorite tortilla vessel with chicken salad and ENJOY!