Posted by http://fedandfit.com/squeaky-clean-chicken-veggie-soup/
© 2017 Fed & Fit. All rights reserved.
Squeaky Clean Chicken & Veggie Soup
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small to medium-sized onion, diced
- 4-5 stalks celery, sliced
- 5 carrots, sliced into coins
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 red bell peppers, deseeded and diced
- 5-6 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 8 cups chicken broth (2 quarts)
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 1/2-1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 head curly kale, roughly chopped
- 2 lemons, juiced
- Melt butter in a large, heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat. Once butter is melted, add the chicken. Cook for 3-5 minutes per side until browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the onions, celery, carrots, garlic, and bell pepper to the pan. Saute for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the vegetables start to brown a bit around the edges.
- Add the chicken, broth, salt, and pepper to the pot. Cover and simmer over medium-low heat for 30-40 minutes.
- Pull the chicken from the pot and shred with two forks or with the paddle attachment of a stand mixer. Add the chicken back to the pot then stir in the kale. Cook for 2-3 minutes until kale is fully wilted.
- Add the lemon juice and then taste soup for seasoning, adding additional salt and pepper if needed. Spoon into individual bowls and serve!