Posted by http://fedandfit.com/strawberry-ice-cream-sandwiches-gf/
© 2018 Fed & Fit. All rights reserved.
Strawberry Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 16 ounces strawberries, tops removed
- 1/4 cup honey
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 pints heavy cream (or 2 cans full-fat coconut milk for dairy-free)
- 24 gluten free cookies (I used these)
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the strawberries, honey, lemon, vanilla extract, and sea salt. Cover and cook for 5-10 minutes, until strawberries are soft.
- Mash strawberries with a potato masher and set aside to allow it to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, stir together the strawberry mixture and the heavy cream, once fully combined, pour the mixture into your ice cream maker frozen bin and follow the manufacturers instructions.
- Spoon the mixture into a loaf pan or large bowl and freeze for about 1 hour.
- From here, use an ice cream scoop to spoon a heaping amount of strawberry ice cream and place it on the backside of one cookie. Place another cookie on top of the ice cream and press down. Repeat for the entire batch. Enjoy!
Note that if you would prefer to freeze the ice cream overnight ahead of time it will harden, take it out of the freezer and let sit for 30-45 minutes before you use it.