Sweet Chili Pork Chops
Every Saturday morning, farmers, food enthusiasts, and sunshine lovers from San Antonio and the surrounding areas gather at the old Pearl Brewery for a farmer’s market. We visited the market this past weekend and found some awesome produce that gave me some big ideas. I couldn’t wait to get in my kitchen.
Our favorite find, aside from a few heads of purple kale, was a batch of Italian Sweet Peppers. We were told that the peppers are best fried and put over pasta. Well, since I don’t really eat much pasta anymore, I started thinking of other ways to use the beautiful little peppers. I settled on big healthy bone-in pork chops. Why not?
I sautéed the peppers with onions and garlic in some EVOO then put a generous heap of them over a perfectly cooked pork chop.
My guests raved over the dish. Yours will too.
If you can’t find the Italian Sweet Peppers, go for any mild chili your grocery store may have. If all else fails, bell peppers will work.
I recommend serving this amazing dish with some Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice.
Sweet Chili Pork Chops4 servings
- 4 healthy-sized pork chops
- 2 Tbl steak seasoning (I like Montreal Steak Seasoning)
- 1 dozen mild chili peppers sliced
- 1/2 small sweet onion chopped
- 7 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp grass-fed butter
- sea salt and cracked pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375.
- Sprinkle a generous dusting of steak seasoning over your pork chops on one side.
- Place chops on an oven-safe large frying pan seasoned side down over high heat.
- Season the other (up-facing) side.
- Sear on each side on high heat for about 2-3 minutes.
- Place in the oven for approximately 20 minutes (or until a meat thermometer reads at least 145 deg).
- In a separate frying pan, brown the onions in the butter.
- On medium-high heat, add the garlic and peppers.
- Sauté until the peppers have a slight crisp.
- Top the pork chops with a generous heap of the cooked peppers.
330 Calories; 14.3 g Fat; 39.6 g Protein; 3.5 g Sugar
4 Responses to “Sweet Chili Pork Chops”
Pingback: 60 Amazing Paleo Pork Chop Recipes