Posted by http://fedandfit.com/the-best-beef-fajitas/
© 2018 Fed & Fit. All rights reserved.
The Best Beef Fajitas
For the Fajitas
- 1 1/2 pounds skirt steak (may also use flank steak), sliced into 1/2-1 inch strips
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
For the Vegetables
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- Whisk together the ingredients for the marinade. Add the sliced steak to the marinade and let sit, covered, for at least 4 hours up to 1 day.
- Remove the steak strips from the marinade and pat dry.
- Bring a cast iron pan or griddle to medium-high heat. Once hot, add the fajitas and sear for 3-4 minutes per side, until charred, then remove from pan.
- Set the steak aside to rest, then add the bell pepper and onion to the pan over medium-high heat. Cook for 4-5 minutes until charred, stirring occasionally.
- Plate the fajitas with the peppers and onion, then serve alongside tortillas, cheese, sour cream, guacamole, cilantro, and pickled jalapeños, if desired.