Posted by http://fedandfit.com/the-harvest-sparkle/
© 2014 Fed & Fit. All rights reserved.
The Harvest Sparkle
For the cider honey syrup
For a large batch/pitcher (serves 18)
- 2 1/4 cups whiskey or bourbon
- 1 1/2 cups of the cider honey syrup (entire batch)
- 2 1/4 cups prosecco, champagne, or sparkling white wine
- 9 sprigs of rosemary
For a single cocktail
- 1 ounce whiskey or bourbon
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon cider honey syrup
- 1 ounce prosecco, champagne, or sparkling white wine (or enough to top off the glass)
- 1/2 sprig of rosemary
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, whisk the honey, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and orange juice together until it starts to bubble. Remove from heat and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- In a pitcher or shaker, mix the honey syrup and whiskey together with a good amount of ice so that it is completely chilled. Strain into a different pitcher or serving glass. (Note: caution that you don’t let the honey and whiskey mixture sit in the ice for too long so that it doesn’t get watered down.)
- Keep refrigerated.
- Just before serving, add prosecco to top off the glass and garnish with a ½ sprig of rosemary.