Posted by http://fedandfit.com/winter-root-veggie-roast/
© 2017 Fed & Fit. All rights reserved.
Winter Root Veggie Roast
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (about one small lemon)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 carrots, peeled
- 3 parsnips, peeled
- 2 rutabaga, peeled
- 2 large or 3 small beets, peeled
- 1/2 medium yellow onion
- 1 bulb fennel
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the chopped parsley, lemon juice, and olive oil.
- Chop the carrots, parsnips, rutabaga, and beets into 1-inch cubes, then slice the fennel and onion into large chunks. Place in a large bowl and toss with the lemon-parsley sauce and salt. Spread the vegetables onto one large or two medium rimmed sheet pans, ensuring they don't overlap.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until outside of vegetables is crisp and they are easily pierced with a fork.
- Remove from oven and serve warm!