Sweet Potato Fries Air Fryerjump to recipe
Perfectly crispy, these air fryer sweet potato fries include only a few simple ingredients and are so easy to make!
- Sweet Potatoes In An Air Fryer
- Ingredients for Sweet Potatoes In An Air Fryer
- How To Make Sweet Potatoes In An Air Fryer
- How long does it take to cook frozen sweet potato fries in an air fryer?
- Why are my sweet potatoes fries not crispy?
- How do you keep sweet potato fries crispy?
- How long do sweet potatoes fries last for?
- What is the best air fryer?
Sweet Potatoes In An Air Fryer
These sweet potato fries are so good, y’all. In fact, when we made them in the test kitchen, Amber set the plate down on the counter, told me (Brandi) and Lauren that we could have some, and the 3 of us proceeded to eat them ALL. No dip, nothing else to go alongside them, just perfectly crispy, simply seasoned sweet potato fries. I think I dreamt about them that night…that’s how delicious they were.
This recipe alone has made me want to pull my air fryer from the depths of my cabinet and actually start using it. I mean, if I can get these kinds of results with a few simple ingredients, I’m IN.
Ingredients for Sweet Potatoes In An Air Fryer
One of the best parts of this recipe is the simplicity of the ingredients. Even the cleanest frozen sweet potato fries at the grocery store include a few ingredients that just aren’t necessary, but we’ve included only the simplest ingredients here. You’ll need:
- Sweet Potato – to start, you’ll need a medium (~½ pound) sweet potato (no surprise there!).
- Cornstarch or Arrowroot Starch – to help add a bit of crunch to the sweet potato fries, you’ll also need 1 teaspoon of either cornstarch or arrowroot starch.
- EVOO – the beauty of the air fryer is that it gets things super crispy with very little oil! For this recipe, you’ll need 1 teaspoon of extra-virgin olive oil.
- Sea Salt + Black Pepper – a ½ teaspoon of sea salt + a pinch of ground black pepper will season the fries!
How To Make Sweet Potatoes In An Air Fryer
Just like the list of ingredients, the directions for these fries are as simple as it gets! Here’s exactly what you’ll need to do:
- Peel + cut the sweet potato – first you’ll need to prep your sweet potato. To do this, you’ll need to peel the sweet potato and then cut it into thin, ¼-inch thick strips. Once finished, transfer the peeled and cut sweet potato to a bowl.
- Toss with arrowroot, olive oil, salt, and pepper – toss the thinly cut sweet potato with the arrowroot starch, and once fully coated, add the olive oil, salt, and pepper to the bowl and toss to coat.
- Air Fry – place the sweet potato fries in the basket of your air fryer, then air fry at 350°F for 18 minutes, stopping to toss the fries halfway through cooking. If, at the end of 18 minutes, your fries aren’t quite browned and crisp enough, feel free to add another couple of minutes!
How long does it take to cook frozen sweet potato fries in an air fryer?
This recipe is actually for fresh, homemade sweet potato fries, but if you’re looking to cook bagged, frozen sweet potato fries in the air fryer, we’d start with 400°F for about 8 minutes (knowing that you may need to add more time).
Why are my sweet potatoes fries not crispy?
The biggest thing that’ll keep your sweet potato fries from crisping is if there are too many fries in the air fryer at one time. While the air fryer is a great appliance that really excels at crisping food quickly, it does require the food to be in a single layer (no overlap) for best results. If you’re using the amount of sweet potato that we suggest (about a ½ pound), you should have no problem with keeping the fries in a single layer, but if you’re doubling (or even tripling) the recipe, you’ll need to work in several batches!
How do you keep sweet potato fries crispy?
Your sweet potato fries will be best enjoyed right out of the air fryer. If you’re storing and reheating leftover fries, though, we recommend reheating them in the air fryer (most air fryers actually have a “reheat” setting) until they’re crispy again. This won’t take long, but will differ based on the air fryer you have and the amount of sweet potato fries you’re reheating. We recommend starting with a short amount of time and adding in 2 minute increments as needed until crisp!
How long do sweet potatoes fries last for?
Your sweet potato fries will stay good in the fridge for 3-4 days, but again, you’ll want to make sure you’re reheating them in the air fryer for the crispiest results.
What is the best air fryer?
We've tested and can recommend 2 different air fryers – the Cosori Max XL and the Ninja AF 101. Both of these models perform great! If you're looking to save space, go with the Ninja. If you want a bigger air fryer that can make more food per batch, the Cosori is your best bet!Print
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
These sweet potato fries are salty, crispy, and totally addicting!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Total Time: 28 minutes
- Yield: Serves 2 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sweet potato fries, air fryer sweet potato fries