Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Zucchini
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Wash and cut your zucchini in half.
- With a spoon, carefully scrape out all the seeds and soft membrane of the zucchini.
- Stir your shredded chicken with the sea salt, pepper, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, and chili powder. It combines easier when it’s warm and a little moist.
- Spoon in about 1/3 cup shredded chicken into each hallowed-out zucchini half.
- Using the pre-cooked thin bacon (found in the breakfast meats section of the grocery store), wrap about 3 pieces of bacon around each zucchini half.
- Secure with a toothpick at the top.
- Separate the stuffed and wrapped zucchini evenly on the baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes.
- Start checking on them at about 15 minutes to be sure the bacon doesn’t burn.
Simple How-To: Shredded Chicken
- Bring about 4 cups water + 1 Tbl sea salt to a low boil in in a medium sauce pan.
- Carefully add two chicken breasts (about 1 lb worth).
- On a low boil, cook for about 15-18 minutes.
- Remove from water and cut in half at the thickest part of the breast. If it is NOT pink, they’re done. If it is still pink, add back to the simmering water for a few minutes.
- With two forks, begin stabbing and shredding the chicken. Make sure you do this immediately. Hot chicken is MUCH easier to shred than room-temperature chicken.
- You can store it in a sealed container in the fridge for about 5 days