Posted by https://fedandfit.com/best-pork-chops-ever/
© 2018 Wellness & Healthy Living - Recipes, Blogs, Podcasts & Books | Fed & Fit. All rights reserved.
Best Pork Chops Ever
For the Brine
- 3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons sea salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 inches fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
For the Pork Chops
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons garlic ghee, or other fat of choice
- Combine all brine ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring the ingredients to a boil for 2-3 minutes until the salt is dissolved, then set aside and let cool.
- Once water has come to room temperature, pour it into a large bowl along with the pork chops. Let brine for at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Add ghee to a cast iron and heat over medium-high.
- Remove the pork chops from the brine, pat dry, and season with salt and pepper on both sides. Add the pork chops to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes, until browned, then flip and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, until slightly browned (they will continue to brown in the oven) then place in oven to cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove pork chops from oven and let rest for 5-10 minutes.