Best Pork Chops Ever
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Total Time: 28 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
For the Brine:
For the Pork Chops:
- Combine all brine ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring the ingredients to a boil for 2-3 minutes until the salt is dissolved, then set aside and let cool.
- Once water has come to room temperature, pour it into a large bowl along with the pork chops. Let brine for at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Add ghee to a cast iron and heat over medium-high.
- Remove the pork chops from the brine, pat dry, and season with salt and pepper on both sides. Add the pork chops to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes, until browned, then flip and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, until slightly browned (they will continue to brown in the oven) then place in oven to cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove pork chops from oven and let rest for 5-10 minutes.