Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
This zucchini bread is the perfect way to use up some of your summer zucchini! It’s moist, fluffy, studded with chocolate chips, and comes together in no time.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 12 slices 1x
- Category: Snack
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar*
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter or coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk (use almond or coconut milk for dairy-free)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini, squeezed of excess water
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and grease a loaf pan with butter or line it with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and brown and white sugar.
- Add the butter, vanilla, and eggs and beat by hand or with an electric mixer for about one minute, until fully combined, then mix in the milk.
- Stir in the zucchini and chocolate chips until fully combined.
- Fill the loaf pan with the batter and bake for 50-55 minutes, until the top is browned and a toothpick inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool for at least one hour, then slice and serve!
- For refined-sugar free: use coconut sugar in place of the white and brown sugar
- To make this bread into muffins, simply bake for 25-30 minutes at 350 F.
Keywords: zucchini, gluten-free, chocolate chip, bread, muffins