Chocolate Strawberry Truffles
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: about 40 truffles
- 20 ounces dark chocolate (70% or higher), finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk, warmed
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup freeze-dried strawberry powder
- In a small pan, bring the coconut milk to a simmer, then remove from heat. Make sure the coconut milk is just barely at a simmer when you remove it from heat, if it is boiling it can burn and ruin the chocolate.
- Add the chocolate, butter, and salt to a medium-sized bowl, and pour over the warmed coconut milk. Whisk the mixture until smooth.
- Refrigerate the mixture for at least four hours to harden.
- Once hardened, use a tablespoon to scoop the mixture into a ball and roll in the strawberry powder.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator.
- If your chocolate seizes, you can microwave it on low power (or defrost setting) in 15 second intervals, stirring each time, until it comes back to temperature.