Cranberry Orange Scones
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 8 scones
- 1 1/3 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoon orange juice
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, room temperature
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, arrowroot, sea salt, and baking soda. Stir until all clumps are broken up and it’s well incorporated.
- Add the fresh cranberries and stir to incorporate with a wooden spoon.
- In a temperate bowl, add the orange zest, orange juice, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and egg. Whisk together until it’s well incorporated.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir together until the batter is even.
- In a 9 – 10 inch round pan (or castiron skillet) that is either well coated with butter (may substitute with evco) or lined with a parchment paper circle, add the batter. Using either a greased spoon or your hand, press the wet batter into the pan so that it is spread to the edges.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Let cool, slice into 8 pieces, and serve!