Curried Green Bean Salad
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1 to 2-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup avocado or olive oil mayo (recipe in my book)
- 1 large (or 2 small) lemons, juiced
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- Black pepper, to taste
- Fine sea salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup golden berries, currants, or dried cherries
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Add the green beans and let them simmer for 5 minutes. While the green beans cook, prepare an ice bath by placing several cups of ice in a large bowl with about 4 cups water. Once the beans are finished cooking, spoon them into the ice bath and let them cool for another 5 minutes. Once cooled, allow them to drain completely.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mayo, lemon juice, curry, pepper, and sea salt (if using).
- Add the green beans and golden berries to the bowl with the dressing and toss to combine.
- Serve with additional berries (if desired), cilantro, and a sprinkle of curry powder (if desired).
- Will keep for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.