Posted by https://fedandfit.com/dark-chocolate-chili-pecan-clusters/
© 2012 Wellness & Healthy Living - Recipes, Blogs, Podcasts & Books | Fed & Fit. All rights reserved.
Dark Chocolate Chili Pecan Clusters
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 & 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli 60% coco)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.
- Heat your dark chocolate chips via a double boiler or the microwave until they are melted smooth. [In the microwave, heat for 30 seconds at a time until melted – stirring constantly].
- Add the chili, sea salt, and pecans to the chocolate and stir until combined evenly.
- If it seems too dry, add more melted chocolate.
- Drop clusters of the chocolate pecans onto the wax paper with a spoon.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of the unsweetened shredded coconut.
- Put in the refrigerator for approximately 45 minutes (or until hardened).
Note: Keep in a cool area. Countertops work well for a day or so. If you are going to store them longer, I recommend keeping them in the refrigerator.