Flourless Dark Chocolate Brownies
These flourless dark chocolate brownies are rich, fudgy, lightly-sweetened, and naturally gluten- and grain-free!
- Prep Time: 00:15
- Cook Time: 00:25
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 16 brownies
9 ounces 60-70% dark chocolate
(the darker the chocolate the more intense the flavor will be)
8 tablespoons butter (1 stick), melted
1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
3 large eggs, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a square cake pan with parchment paper.
- Unless you’re working with chocolate chips, cut the chocolate into small 1/2-inch sized pieces. Next, melt the chocolate via one of the two methods below:
- A. Double-boiler method: place the chocolate in a medium-sized glass bowl that can rest on top of a pot without falling in. Fill the pot with a couple inches of water, place the bowl of chocolate over top, and bring the water to a boil. Use a spatula to constantly stir the chocolate until it’s melted and smooth.
- B. Microwave method: place the chocolate in a medium-sized glass bowl and microwave it in 20-second increments, stirring well between each spell, until it’s melted and smooth.
- Once the chocolate is melted, add the butter, sea salt, and vanilla. Continue to stir until it’s fully incorporated. Note: if the mixture starts to seize up, it means the chocolate isn’t warm enough. Place the mixture back over the double-boiler or back in the microwave long enough so that the butter can melt and incorporate into the chocolate.
- Stir the eggs and vanilla into the chocolate mixture. Once fully incorporated, stir in the coconut sugar and cocoa powder.
- Pour the mixture into your parchment paper-lined pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the brownies comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly and enjoy!