Skinny Jalapeno Margarita
These refreshing jalapeno margaritas are the perfect balance of tangy and sweet, with a slightly spicy kick!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings
- Category: Drinks
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 1/2 cup fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 large green jalapeno pepper, de-seeded and thinly sliced
- 4 ounces (1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoon) silver tequila
- 2–4 tablespoons honey (sweeten to your liking)
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 2 lime wedges for garnish
- 2 sprigs cilantro for garnish (optional)
- In the bottom of a pitcher, muddle the jalapeno slices with the lime juice. 10-12 presses with a muddler or back of a wooden spoon will do!
- Add the tequila and honey, stir to combine thoroughly – or until all the honey is dissolved.
- Pour the sea salt in the bottom of a small bowl. Dip the top of each glass in the margarita mixture, let it drain off, then press the top of the glass into the bowl of salt. Gently tap the glass with your hand to knock off any excess.
- Fill each glass with fresh ice and pour in the margarita mix.
- Garnish with the fresh lime and cilantro.
- For a less strong margarita – you can top off your drink with sparkling water like topo chico.
- For a slightly spicy margarita, remove the seeds from the jalapeno. For a spicier option, muddle the seeds then strain them out.
- You can also use agave in place of the honey to sweeten this recipe
Keywords: margarita, honey, spicy, jalapeno