Ginger Orange Caramelized Carrots
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 6 servings
- 2 1/2 pounds carrots of various colors, trimmed and peeled
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds, for garnish
- Lay the carrots out onto a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the orange juice, coconut aminos, olive oil, ginger, garlic, fish cause, and sea salt. Spoon half of the mixture over the carrots, tossing to coat evenly, and then place in the oven at 375 F for 35 minutes.
- After 35 minutes, spoon the rest of the marinade over the carrots and return to the oven for 10 more minutes, or until the carrots start to look slightly golden on top.
- Let cool slightly then garnish with the cilantro and sesame seeds. Enjoy!