Harvest Quinoa Bowls
With chicken, sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts, and cranberries, these quinoa bowls are full of fall flavor!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: Serves 5
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
For the bowls:
For the sauce:
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the sweet potatoes with one tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, then spread onto the baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, then transfer to the lower oven rack.
- Toss the brussels sprouts with 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, and 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, then spread onto half of a rimmed baking sheet.
- Lay the chicken breast on the same pan with the brussels sprouts, then brush on both sides with olive oil and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and remaining pepper. Bake for 25 minutes, until the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 F and the sweet potatoes and brussels sprouts are browned, then remove from oven.
- While the chicken and veggies cook, make the quinoa. Soak the quinoa for 2 minutes, then rinse it thoroughly and add to a pot with the broth, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1 tablespoon oil. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and cook for 15 minutes.
- To make the sauce: whisk together the dijon, lemon juice, thyme, and maple syrup, then slowly drizzle in the olive oil, whisking constantly.
- Chop the chicken into bite-sized pieces, then assemble the bowls with quinoa, Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, chicken, pecans, cranberries and sauce. Enjoy!
Keywords: grain bowls, quinoa, power bowls, sweet potatoes, gluten free